- Exclusive conversation guides that encourage meaningful conversations between parent and child
- Suggested values-in-action activities to concretise learning
- Colouring templates that are in-line with the storyline
- Personalised packaging that makes this package an ideal meaningful gift for any child aged 2 to 6.
What could have been a sentimental exercise is elevated to a meaningful exploration of kindness in this lovely picture book with Jen Hill's charming watercolor-and-ink illustrations. The little kid narrator of Be Kind not only offers examples of reaching out to others to make them feel good or feel better when they're down, but also acknowledges that it's not always easy. "And sticking up for someone when other kids aren't kind is really hard. (And really scary.)"
This is a great book for opening up a discussion about what it means to be kind and identifying simple, practical ways we can show kindness to those around us.
This book and its accompanied conversation guides, will encourage conversations:
- Families can talk about kindness and putting themselves in another person's shoes. Have you ever seen someone who was sad and found yourself feeling sad for them being sad?
- If you see a friend or classmate having a rough time, what can you do to help them feel better?
- How important is it to be kind to others, even when you don't know them?