- Exclusive in-house produced conversation guides that encourage meaningful conversations between parent and child
- Suggested values-in-action activities to concretise learning
- Colouring templates that are in-line with the storyline
- Personalised packaging that makes this package an ideal meaningful gift for any child aged 2 to 6.
This is a beautiful board book about kindness told through simple text and illustrations. Readers will certainly feel Amos's joy when his animal friends appear at his house, a penguin carrying a bright red balloon ("Hooray! My friends are here!").
Woodblock illustrations with mostly soft colors - and a bright red balloon - draw readers into this gentle tale. As families reread this book, kids will have fun noticing small details, such as the turtle carrying a tea tray on its shell, or the elephant curled up with a teddy bear on the last page. And they'll have no trouble picking up on the book's sweet message about the importance of taking care of others.
This book and its accompanied conversation guides, will encourage conversations:
- Families can talk about taking care of one another. What are some things that you like when you are sick - playing games, having tea, snuggling? What are some things you can do for other family members when they're not feeling well?
- Why do you think the animals decided to pay Amos a visit at his house? Were they just lonely - or was it something else?