This Bravery Magazine Christmas Bundle seeks to encourage any child to be their own kind of brave.
One Issue of Bravery Magazine & Conversation Guide
Bravery Magazine is a print publication for kids that features strong female role models. Full of illustrated stories, fun DIYs, and educational activities, Bravery is a tool that empowers kids to dream, do and become their own kid of brave.
Parent-and-Child Conversation Starters
The Parent-and-child conversation starters are meant for parents to use to initiate a range of meaningful conversations with your child, instead of just the usual "How was your day in school?" As we make it a habit to encourage such conversations and use these teachable moments to validate our children's emotions and acknowledge their responses and thoughts, we are training them to be mindful of their own feelings and thoughts. Over time, they learn how to better respond to situations and build resilience and empathy.
This set of Parent-and-child conversation starters come in a set of 24 cards containing 9 Conversation starter questions and 15 Reflection questions.
(1) Conversation Starters Questions are meant for meal times, bedtimes, traveling times, etc to ask about your child’s day. They are short questions instead of the usual "how's your day, eg. "What is one thing you did today which you are proud of?"
(2) Reflection Questions are meant for days where you feel like there is more time for deeper conversations and reflection. Eg "What do you like best about your family?"
This Bravery Magazine Christmas Bundle contains :
- Bravery Magazine (Choose one issue from issues 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9)
- Specs: 64 full-color pages, soft touch matte cover stock. 8.5’’ x 10.5’’ (portrait)
- Age Range: Bravery is designed with girls and boys ages 5-12 in mind, but really, we think bravery is for everyone.
- Bravery Magazine Issue 5 – ADVENTUROUS: AMELIA EARHART AND BESSIE COLEMAN + Conversation Guides. Issue five of Bravery is a special anniversary edition featuring two adventurous aviators: Amelia Earhart and Bessie Coleman! Issue five is a "flip flop" issue–it's like getting two magazines in one! With two covers, two story sections and plenty of airplane activities, this issue might be our best yet. There’s even a special tear-out of our "Be Your Own Kind of Brave" art print in the middle!
- Bravery Magazine Issue 6 – TENACIOUS: JUNKO TABEI + Conversation Guides. Issue six of Bravery is all about mountaineer Junko Tabei. Junko was the first woman to summit Mount Everest as well as the Seven Summits. Issue six teaches about Junko's life in a fun, engaging way through illustrated stories, fun DIYs, and educational activities that the whole family can enjoy. There’s even a parent section!
- Bravery Magazine Issue 7 – OPTIMISTIC: JULIA CHILD + Conversation Guides. Issue seven of Bravery is all about American cook Julia Child. Julia brought the joy of cooking to millions of kitchens across the world. Issue seven teaches about Julia's life in a fun, engaging way through illustrated stories, fun DIYs, and educational activities that the whole family can enjoy. There’s even a parent section!
- Bravery Magazine Issue 8 – INNOVATIVE: ZAHA HADID + Conversation Guides. Issue eight of Bravery is all about architect Zaha Hadid. Zaha's innovative and unique buildings stand in countries all around the world! Issue eight teaches about Zaha's life and work in a fun, engaging way through illustrated stories, fun DIYs, and educational activities that the whole family can enjoy. There’s even a parent section!
- Bravery Magazine Issue 9 – HARD-WORKING: MARY ANNING + Conversation Guides. Issue nine of Bravery is all about paleontologist Mary Anning. This issue teaches about Mary's life and work in a fun, engaging way through illustrated stories, fun DIYs, and educational activities that the whole family can enjoy. There’s even a parent section!
- Parent-and-Child Conversation Starters: 24 cards in each set
- Each set comes in a quality cotton-linen drawstring bag to keep the cards
This Christmas bundle comes with its individual box (perfect for gifting)
- A Christmas gift card addressed to you (if you would like us to write a note on your behalf to someone else, please key in your message under the 'Special instructions on your order' at the Cart page)
- Suitable for ages 5-12 years old
- Photo for illustration purpose, you can select which issue under the dropdown